Chewy Blonde Brownies are the delicious cousins of chocolate brownies and are easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted $
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg $
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl, mixing well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture in a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.